Commercial Property for rent in Long Bridge Street, Llanidloes, Powys, SY18
- Prominent retail shop premises
- Last trading as L'Armoire ladies fashion. Prior to that being a butchers
- Grade II listed premises with A3 use
- Attractive shop unit with quality fixture & fittings, central mahogany office
- Extending to 132 sq m (approx)
- Full planning permission granted for change of use to a restaurant & cafe
- Located in the centre of the historic market town of Llanidloes, close proximity to the Clywedog Reservoir
- Newtown 14 miles. Coastal town of Aberystwyth 32 miles.
- EPAR = C(63)
Prominent retail shop premises. Last trading as L'Armoire ladies fashion. Prior to that being a butchers. Grade II listed premises. Attractive shop unit with quality fixture & fittings, central mahogany office. Extending to 132 sq m (approx). Full planning permission granted for change of use to a restaurant. Located in the centre of the historic market town of Llanidloes, close proximity to the Clywedog Reservoir. Newtown 14 miles. Coastal town of Aberystwyth 32 miles. EPAR - 63
Main Shop 10.13 x 4.17 (33'3" x 13'8") (42.25 sq
m. 138 sq ft) With oak flooring, central marble
tables, old block counter with glazed top,
mahogany panelling divide, electric ceiling
lanterns, part tiled walls currently fitted out with
clothing rails to a high standard
Office 2.99 x 1.38 (9'10" x 4'6") (4.12 sq m. 13
sq ft) With mahogany panelling
Rear Display Room 4.3 x 5.3 (14'1" x 17'5")
(22.79 sq m. 74 sq ft) Quarry tiled floor,
doorway into office
2 Changing Rooms
Cellar 1 5.09 x 3.68 (16'8" x 12'1")
Cellar 2 4.95 x 3.68 (16'3" x 12'1") approached
from the main shop
Side Passageway 10.33 x 2.65 (33'11" x 8'8")
(27.4 sq m. 89 sq ft) Currently used for display
purposes, doorway onto Long Bridge Street,
Stock Room 5.82 x 3.59 (19'1" x 11'9")
Store Room 3.93 x 3.69 (12'11" x 12'1") (14.5
sq m. 47 sq ft)
Outside Cloakroom with w.c., wash basin
Allocated rear parking spaces
Mains electricity, water and drainage connected.
The property is Grade II Listed - viz - History - Dated 1894. Built as a butcher's shop and house for Edward Hamer, on the site of the former Crown Inn. The business remains within the family. Hamer established a wide reputation for his Plynlimon mutton and became by royal appointment purveyor of meat to the Prince of Wales, Queen Victoria and subsequent members of the Royal Family.
Exterior - 3-storey, 3-window red brick front with freestone quoins, cill bands, plinth and window dressings. Slate roof, tiled cresting and red brick and chimney stacks, and another to right of centre each with stock brick neck bands. Stock brick eaves band and dentil cornice. 4-pane sashes with architraves and cornices; similar window to ground floor right with glazing bar removed to frosted lower sash. Square headed carriage entry to left with decorative ironwork panels to top.
Tall and ornate central shop front and paired entrances with overall dentil cornice carried on paired brackets and panelled pilasters; panelled apron. Horned sash window to shop with anthemion patterned ironwork ventilation grille above. 6-panel door to right with fanlight and panelled reveals, half glazed shop door with coat of arms (probably added in 1901 after the Coronation of Edward VII) and the letters Edward Hamer Ltd.
Reasons for Listing - Included mainly for its' specially good shopfront.
Rateable Value : £4,450 (Currently Small Business Rate Relief available). Potential tenants to make their own enquiries as to future reliefs.
£12,000 per annum.
Negotiable. Incoming tenant to pay all utilities and business rates, landlords legal costs and insurance on a pro rata basis.